Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall Trip

This year my hubby and I took a fall trip. This was our 2nd time and we went back to the Buffalo Round-Up in Custer State park in South Dakota. It is crazy that we have such a good time. This year we took our friends (Sr. Mary's parents) with us. The weekend started a little stressful. I had a full week of work with bible study on Thursday night. I charted until 2:30 Friday morning and crawled into bed for an hour before jumping in the shower. We left our house at 4:20. We'd found a little Marian Shrine in Alexandria SD which we stopped at after having breakfast in Sioux Falls. We spent quite a bit of time in the badlands and arrived in Rapid City at suppertime. It was a loooong day of driving. Saturday morning we were up early to cruise around the black hills, we went shopping, went to winery and had a much more relaxing day. We went to church on Saturday - not our usual thing but we wanted to be up and out early so we could see the morning wild life in Custer. Sunday morning we were out by 8 and did we see wild life. We saw the bison and the antelope play ....know what I mean? wink wink nudge nudge. We were glad that we had no little kids to explain the birds and the bees to. We hiked a few areas off the beaten path and spent a nice quiet day. Which was a really good thing because we were up at 3:30 AM Monday to get out to the round up!!! Here are a few pics





2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog from a comment that you left on "pray, hope, don't worry"'s blog. Welcome to blogging! Your daughter is a gem and I'm so excited for her and her miracle babies! I'm adding your blog to my blogroll. You seem like a fascinating woman and I can't wait to follow along! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brit’s Mom!

    Those pictures are gorgeous! My husband would love that trip!

    ReplyDelete