Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday and the little postulant



Today was a difficult day. I took cold medicine before bed and slept for the first night in 3 or 4 nights. (So I am emotional).

We met with C.W. at church and she talked about being with Mary as Mary has been saying her goodbyes to family and friends. They were in southern Minnesota for 3 days to see grandma and aunts and uncles. They drove home and after 12 hours home they headed to western Minnesota to say goodbye to the other grandparents. C's parents are having a difficult time with this. C told me she watched Mary make a walk through the houses and look into each room as if taking a mental picture.

They know she will be back in May but probably she will not be able to get to her grandparents homes. These goodbyes had to be difficult. C said she was glad that she was not there at the final hugs at her parents home. This weekend Mary (and her dad D) went to North Dakota to camp and say goodbye to her sister. This one makes my heart break. Sarah newly married has to say goodbye to her little sister. On August 9th D and C will drive to Nashville with Mary to say their own goodbye's.

Mary is so joyous about her calling to be a Dominican Sister. We were not surprised in the least when she told us she was called to this vocation. And as right as I know this is and how perfect the bridegroom is. It still makes a selfish mothers heart ache.
Sister Mary is a beautiful Godly young woman. She has been a beautiful blessing in my life in the short time I have had to be around her. The picture is the little sister and she would be appalled to find that I posted it on my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment