Monday, May 2, 2011

May 2nd

Today is my oldest daughter's 27th birthday. I was thinking of her first thing this morning when I heard the headline news Osama Bin Laden is dead. This news has overwhelmed the media today. On the internet there are many rejoicing. A military facebook friend asked for flags to be put as profile pictures. I was disturbed by what many people had written on their facebook pages.
this was the first one I could feel myself recoil as I read this it seems wrong:

Osama bin Laden was shot in the head.. by US military! We have the body..
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA!!!!!! Oohrah We got him!!!!

Before I left for work I found a picture in my photos of white headstones from a small old National cemetery that our family stopped at years ago. I posted that as my profile picture. The thought of the number of deaths that have occurred since 9/11 here in the US and in the Mid East had me questioning the celebration of a mans death.

I fear for the safety of people around the world and for our military men and women.
I fear there will be an escalation to terrorist attacks.
I am saddened and afraid for all of us.

Dear Jesus be with us



No comments:

Post a Comment